Sunday, March 27, 2011

Will I actually have a finished doll?

Well I put enough parts in the kiln for three mermaids and when they came out I had parts enough for just one really good doll. I am very excited that I may have a doll, my first, on ebay this week! It is so hard to work this small in porcelain without breakage. It's breakage while being cleaned and smoothed before firing that is the real problem. I think I may do too much cleaning before soft firing, I don't know, I have to find out the balance that I need for the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have studied painting and sculpture and still enjoy doing both though sculpting seems to have the dominant spot in my life right now. I have won Doll magazine's "Award of excellence" two years in a row 2013-2014, in the artist ball jointed doll category. I have also won "best of show" this past year at the Orlando Museum of Art.