Thursday, March 17, 2011

A New Beginning

Well I'm pretty excited about the new molds I have made for the new doll. This time I pretty much tested a lot of the joints to make sure they worked BEFORE I made the molds! But some things working out will only be known when the doll is porcelain, such is the nature of this type of doll.I have taken much care in the design and mold making, I pray that it pays off! I don't want a bunch of parts that I worked so hard on to just not fit properly, UGH! I also really want to make another pair of hands just to have alternative hands. I hope to keep improving them. Everything seems so pains-taking long in this process and while I love to post pictures of each step, I think I will be a little more selective and keep some things to myself until everything is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have studied painting and sculpture and still enjoy doing both though sculpting seems to have the dominant spot in my life right now. I have won Doll magazine's "Award of excellence" two years in a row 2013-2014, in the artist ball jointed doll category. I have also won "best of show" this past year at the Orlando Museum of Art.