Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mermaids!

Well I have been working on a mermaid. Granted, I have been, well, all over the place when it comes to what exactly kind of doll I want to be making. I think fairies are great and I love elves but what I most wanted to be as a little girl (besides a horse) is a mermaid. I wanted to be able to swim under water without having to breath air! My Mom worked when I was a kid and she would drop me off at a community pool and I would spend all day there quite happily pretending to be a mermaid in a imaginary world. I would clench my legs together like they were a tail and I would pump my legs to swim. If only "Splash" was a movie back then I would have been enthralled!
Anyway. I am trying to make a doll that can sit as a mermaid, easily. I have so many mermaid stories to portray with my dolls! It's very exciting! But where do I start? One mermaid at a time! Hopefully very soon I will put one on ebay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have studied painting and sculpture and still enjoy doing both though sculpting seems to have the dominant spot in my life right now. I have won Doll magazine's "Award of excellence" two years in a row 2013-2014, in the artist ball jointed doll category. I have also won "best of show" this past year at the Orlando Museum of Art.