Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Updating my life story

    This is not just an art blog for me, it's a journal of my journey (how poetic).  I need to get this blog a little updated to my circumstances. I was living in a lovely area in Ormond Beach FL. with my boyfriend of 15 years. He had a lot of faith in me as an artist and would supply me with whatever I needed in order to start earning a living making art. I am thankful to him for all that time to work without having to worry about money until I started to make my own. I had fits and starts with selling my art, at times thinking I was on my way to a pretty steady income only to start having insecurities about my abilities. That is a common theme throughout my life, insecurity. I have had countless opportunities given to me in many areas only to shy away and sabotage myself. This was a bit upsetting to my boyfriend who had money but not nearly as much as he had in the past and so grew uneasy about our finances. He had sold his business back in the 90's for a tidy sum but has since lost a good deal of the money from projects that fell through, people's dreams who he invested in (other then me) and were to pay him back (that never did) and just some investment mistakes. I tried to get him to buy some enchanted dolls in the beginning when they were priced much lower than they are right now because I knew they'd become very valuable. But he insisted he'd make money HIS WAY and declined to buy. I guess he may have thought I wanted them all for myself (which I did) but I also understood them to be an investment and one day would have too be sold (except my own personal girls).

  He was 12 years older than I. And always told me he'd make sure I was taken care of if something happened to him. And so after this whole Covid scare, right when we were to go to Europe (April 2022) he was found to have an extremely bad type of brain tumor. His cousin was a big shot in the immunotherapy type drugs for cancer and contacted us about something that might work to save him, but it did not. So on January 3rd 2022 at 5:55 in the morning he passed away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have studied painting and sculpture and still enjoy doing both though sculpting seems to have the dominant spot in my life right now. I have won Doll magazine's "Award of excellence" two years in a row 2013-2014, in the artist ball jointed doll category. I have also won "best of show" this past year at the Orlando Museum of Art.